Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Why the Pigs?

WHY THE PIGS?


I decided that my main focus would be on what I thought of as the key characters in Animal Farm, which were the pigs. 

The pigs are the key authorative figures in the farm and are listened to and respected by the other animals. 

The other animals follow their orders as the pigs are the most 'intelligent' of the animals and this shows through the progression of the power struggle between Snowball and Napoleon and then onto Napoleon and the humans.

My own take on Animal Farm is that it's based around the power struggle of dictators and the consequences that the society recieves because of them, therefore I think this makes the pigs the most prominent and key characters which is why I wanted them to be more stylized than the other animals as I wanted them to stand out more.  


Sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment