Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Napoleon

Napoleon images and drawings

Sketch
Sketch
Stalin Sketches
Character Development
Character Development
I began the initial designs for Napoleon by first looking at who he was based off, which was Josef Stalin. 

I therefore tried out drawing Stalin to get an idea of what his head structure was like as I wanted to try and make human-like animals for my character designs.

I thought this would be a good way to characterise the animals and make them more interesting as well as push who they were and the historical influence of Animal Farm.


I then did some sketches of pigs so that I had the structure down so that I would be able to draw the pigs in my own style, and then moved onto making the pigs face morph into Stalin's, I tried different ways of doing this such as I began shaping Stalin's nose into a snout and I drew Napoleon from different viewpoints. 

I decided to add parts of Stalin's most prominent features like his moustache and brow line into my Napoleon design, as I wanted it to be obvious. 

Sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment