Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Choice of Materials

MATERIAL CHOICES

On beginning my Animal Farm narrative illustrations, I tried a variety of different materials and techniques in my design ideas but eventually decided to use watercolour pens, fine liners, as well as some white fine liners and brusho paint effects within my backgrounds. 

I used block colours and bold designs for the main parts of my designs and then used a more faded background so that the main parts of the designs would stand out above the background better. 






I tried using ProMarkers but stopped after realizing how much they bleed through paper and they looked too messy and were too difficult to contain within black outlines which is one of the key techniques I wanted my designs to have.



The Propaganda block effect of the pens is why I chose to use them, I had some difficulties in shading with them at first but then realized quick fluid motions made them work more like brushes than pens and utilized this in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment