Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Old Major

Old Major 

Sketch
For my Old Major design, I decided to draw out who he was based off, which was Karl Marx who is the original founder of Marxism, which is a similar belief to Communism.

George Orwell used Karl Marx for his Old Major creation as Marx created Marxism and this idea of an equality based society was one of the key starters of the Russian Revolution. 

For my Old Major design, I wanted to imply parts of Karl Marx within Old Major to make more of a point that it was Marx that Old Major was based from as Marx was a key player in the Russian Revolution. 
Character Development

Similarly, in Animal Farm, Old Major is basically the beginning of the rebellion when he gives his infamous speech to the animals and questions if they're truly happy in slavery to mankind. 

I decided to keep Marx' beard on Old Major and to use his crows feet to make Old Major look older as well as more like Marx. 


Design Idea

No comments:

Post a Comment