Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Target Audience

Shepard Fairey, Animal Farm
 http://obeygiant.com/images/2008/12/poster_animalfarm_lrg.jpg

TARGET AUDIENCE


The original Animal Farm that I purchased for this brief had the front cover design by Shepard Fairey, it has a really strong propaganda/revolutionary design to it with simple shapes within and it stands out well against other copies of this book. 

Shepard Fairey, 1984
http://obeygiant.com/images/2008/12/poster_1984_lrg.jpg
I decided as the design by Shepard Fairey caught my eye and was admired by my peers, that this shows that loud but simple designs are effective with a young adult audience with an interest in art and with the current disillusionment and disinterest of politics within my generation and the stereotypical interest in rebellion and revolution, my target audience should then be young artistic adults, possibly my peers and people I know. 

I did originally attempt to make my designs more childlike and had the target audience of children in mind, but then after realizing the book was too controversial and adult in content, I decided to go for an older target audience that could understand the images but still decided to keep with my colour scheme which was originally meant to be effective for children but I think I could be able to work around it to make it effective for adults too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment